If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soymilk and miso soup. Adding soymilk makes soup creamy and even if you don't care for miso, you would love it. —Hidemi
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 ounces Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- 4 Small Potatoes
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 cups Soymilk
- 3 tablespoons Miso Paste
- Slice bacon. Peel potatoes and cut them into half inch cubes. Chop onion.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, add bacon, onion and potatoes. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Add water and cook over medium heat until potatoes s are tender removing the scum periodically. Then add spinach and soymilk.
- Turn off the heat just before it starts to boil, add miso and whisk to dissolve miso paste with chopsticks or fork until smooth.
- Pour the soup into each serving bowl and sprinkle black pepper if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
More Great Recipes: Soups
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.