If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My idea for this recipe came from my college dining hall "grab n go," of all places. Since there were a lot of vegans, the dining hall chef concocted a miso peanut butter sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers on top. I thought it sounded awful but, when I finally tried it, I because addicted! Now I use the peanut butter miso combo a ton for weeknight meals. Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand or skip the noodles and serve over rice, etc. —Cathy Likes Cheese
Food52 Review: This recipe was easy to follow, the ingredients were really well balanced, and as a whole, it was really well put together. The marinade for the tofu was so good that I actually ate it off of a spoon! Keep in mind that I only wound up using half of the sauce, so be sure to add it in stages.
Miso Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 splashes sriracha or other chili sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white miso
- splashes water
Tofu, Veggies, and Noodles
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or other oil with high smoke point
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and pressed for at least 30 minutes, then cut into cubes
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped, leaves and ribs separated
- 8 ounces shitaki mushrooms, stemmed removed and caps quartered
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- Combine first four sauce ingredients in a bowl and add tofu. Let marinate for 15 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water, add rice noodles, and immediately take off heat. Soak until rice noodles are almost tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok until sizzling, then add tofu in one layer, reserving marinade. Cook, undisturbed, for 3 minutes, then flip tofu to brown other side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in the wok and add garlic and ginger, stirring until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, bok choy ribs, and carrots, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the marinade, stirring and adding water until the consistency of a thick sauce is reached.
- When vegetables are cooked, add noodles and stir fry until slightly browned.
- Add tofu, peanut sauce, and bok choy leaves and stir until everything is combined and warmed through, about a minute more.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.