If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend and I came up with the recipe when we were living in Pennsylvania, missing the fresh Florida seafood. Because we couldn't get ahold of fresh shrimp I would lightly saute them making it not a TRUE ceviche but still delicious and perhaps even more accessible to a wider audience. This dish is delicious and light and something I make whenever I have company. —crispylikechicken
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled, de-veined)
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 limes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse peeled, de-veined shrimp and pat dry
- Add olive oil and garlic to the pan, saute on low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Add shrimp to pan with salt and pepper, and saute until shrimp JUST begin to turn pink- not more than 2 or 3 minutes. It can be very easy to overcook the shrimp- if you haven't had much practice, I suggest doing just a few in the pan at a time until you get the hang of it.
- Once shrimp are done cooking, transfer them to a bowl and allow them to come to room temperature, usually 10-15 minutes. Once they are cool, put them in the fridge to chill. Make sure you allow the shrimp to cool before popping them in the fridge; otherwise they become rubbery.
- In a fairly large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, onions, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Allow the flavors to marry at room temperature until the shrimp are chilled, approximately 20 minutes.
- Once shrimp have sufficiently chilled, coarsely chop them into pieces the relative size of the avocado and incorporate them into the vegetable mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and margaritas!
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.