If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rissotto made of tofu, cheddar cheese and soymilk. Delicious appetizer. —Hidemi
- 2 cups Uncooked Brown Long Grain Rice
- 10 ounces Tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup Soymilk, plain, unsweetened
- 4 ounces Block Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Medium Onion, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 tablespoons White Wine
- Put tofu and soymilk into blender. Blend until creamy. Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook garlic and onion until tender. Add brown rice and sauté for a couple of minutes. Then add white wine. When wine has almost evaporated, add 1 cup of chicken stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken stock is almost absorbed. Then add 1 cup of chicken stock. Repeat this one more time.
- Then add tofu and soymilk mixture and cheddar cheese. Stir once or twice (not too much) and add last cup of chicken stock. Shake the skillet so that all ingredients are blended well (don’t stir). When rice is at the right consistency, remove the skillet from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).