If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is very loosely based on a rice recipe that my mother used to make. I also added the big spash of red wine and that addition gives the dish an extra tang. It makes a great side dish or, with the addition of chicken pieces a main course. - dymnyno
- 1 cup yellow onion, medium diced
- 2 cups white (arborio) rice
- 1 gypsy pepper, medium diced
- 1 cup salami, diced
- 1/2 parsley, minced
- 1 quart canned tomatoes (your own or San Marizano)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup good red wine (Cabernet is fabulous!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a large heavy pot over high flame pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dump in the onions, pepper , parsley and salami.
- Add the rice.
- Stir continuously until most of the rice has browned a golden color.
- Add the wine. Make sure it is good wine. If it is not good enough to drink it is not good enough to use for cooking
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the chicken stock and stir a little
- When it begins to boil, cover and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes...check to make sure that the bottom does not burn.
- Turn off the heat and leave it for a few minutes.
- This makes a great side dish or you can add cooked chicken pieces before you put the lid on and simmer and make it a main course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.