If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 15 boats
- 1 14-oz. block of firm tofu, well drained, cut into 1-1/2" x 3/4" rectangles (about 30)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cups hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 heads belgian endive
- blue cheese
- Preheat over to 425F.
- Place flour, beaten egg, & breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Roll tofu pieces in the flour a few at a time. Shake off excess flour and dip them in the egg. Gently roll them in the breadcrumbs and place them on the baking sheet without them touching each other.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix melted butter, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, & lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Wash the endive and cut the bottom inch off. Separate the leaves into 15 "boats".
- When the tofu has started to brown, pull them out of the oven.
- Set oven to broil.
- Using tongs, dip the crispy tofu pieces in the sauce one by one and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Broil the tofu for a few minutes until crispy and they start to brown.
- Place 2 crispy tofu pieces on each endive "boat" and crumble blue cheese on top.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy