If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here we have a soup that has a surprising amount of delicate yet bold flavors, and elements that I never would have thought would have complimented each other in such symphonic unison. It starts out thick and hearty, but somehow finishes wispy and soft – almost ethereal. —F for Food
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cups yellow corn kernels
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon hot curry
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- creme fraiche
- In a heavy saucepan sauté shallot in butter until translucent (approximately 5-7 minutes. Add corn and mix to coat corn with shallots and butter. Add vegetable stock and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add dried mint, curry, coriander and cumin. Let simmer to allow flavors to marry.
- Blend using an immersion wand.
- Add buttermilk, fresh mint and salt & pepper to taste. Cook down for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with a dollop of crème fraiche and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Just Pudding It Out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.