If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quiche is a fabulous vegetarian dish that is loaded with flavour. The caramelised onions provide a lovely sweetness which works well with the earthy mushrooms. It can be cooked up for a warming dinner and served with a crisp side salad, or heated as left overs for a nourishing lunch. - Jessica Cox
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 3 teaspoons guar gum
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 3 medium sized onions, finely sliced
- 8-10 brown swiss or button mushrooms
- 150gm goats feta or goats curd
- 1/3 cup rice, goat or soy milk
- 6 eggs
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and add the onions. Cook slowly to caramelised, which shall take around 20 minutes.
- In the mean time, make pastry by combining millet flour, salt and guar gum. Make a well in the centre and add 2 eggs, oil and water. Combine well with a wooden spoon, then kneed mixture for a minute or two. Place in the fridge wrapped in cling wrap for around 30 minutes. Whilst the pastry is in the fridge, steam cauliflower until just tender.
- Heat oven to 180c fan forced, or 200c gas. Take out the pastry and roll out with a rolling pin until about 3mill thick. Place in a baking or pie dish and then blind bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter in pastry shell mushrooms, caramelised onions, steamed cauliflower and feta or goat’s curd.
- In a separate bowl beat remaining 6 eggs and stir in milk of choice. Pour mixture into tart shell over vegetables. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and set into the middle. The tart will have a slight wobble yet should not be runny when cut.
- Serve with a crispy green side salad whilst still warm.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.