If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan, gluten free option for potato salad with a garden zucchini, this one uses creamy tofu in place of mayo or sour cream. —inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 side servings
For the dressing
- 10 to 12 ounces extra soft silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- In a mini food processor or blender process all of the ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate while preparing the salad.
For the salad
- 1 medium zucchini cut in 3/4 inch to 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 inch to 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- The dressing
- Salt and pepper for seasoning if desired
- Toss the zucchini cubes with the teaspoon of salt and place in a colander for about 45 minutes in order to drain some of the liquid from the zucchini and tenderize it a bit. After the 45 minutes, rinse well under cold water and place on paper toweling to dry.
- Place the potato cubes in a medium pot in cold water, bring up to a boil and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool to lukewarm.
- Combine the zucchini, potatoes and red onion in a mixing bowl and start blending in the dressing. I normally reserve a few tablespoons of the dressing just in case the salad soaks too much of it up while chilling.
- Chill the salad for at least two hours and when ready to serve, taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Add a little of the reserved dressing if necessary for a creamy consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.