If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you need a quick side for a cookout, or just a dinner alone (perfect time to stuff your face full of these), these take just under 15 minutes from start-to-finish. —VeganSquid
Makes ~30 xl fries
- 2 cups tempura flour
- 1/2 cup water. plus extra
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Start out by heating about 2cm of oil in a pan (or pot) to a good medium-high (7 on my range). It's greatly simplified if you have a deep-fryer-- 350'F.
- Take your eggplant and cut out some fries! Their shape and size are up to you. I find that I can get anywhere from 70-100 large fries pretty easily from one eggplant
- Mix together dry ingredients into large mixing bowl
- Add water, stir until about the consistency of pancake batter, adding water as necessary.
- Plop your cut up eggplant into the batter and coat well, and then fry until a sexy golden-brown (about one minute each batch), flipping as necessary.
- Remove them and dab off the excess oil, and add some sea salt if you want. That’s it!
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.