If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a faaaabulous new twist on icky lima bean centered succotash- brussels sprouts are the delicious star of this dish! —crispylikechicken
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 shallots
- olive oil
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 16 ounces corn
- 8 ounces lima beans
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add bacon to a LARGE saute pan with olive oil (a few turns of the pan) and allow to crisp (5-6 minutes on medium heat).
- While bacon is cooking, remove the bases of brussels sprouts (you can do a straight chop across the base but I prefer to hull them as you would a strawberry). Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and add to the bacon- allow to saute for another 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the juice of one lemon to the pan and stir- scraping all the yummy bacon pieces off the bottom.
- Add corn to the pan and allow it to caramelize- about 5 minutes.
- Once corn starts to caramelize, toss in lima beans and immediately transfer to a glass baking dish and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, until the brussels sprouts caramelize. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- While the brussels sprout mixture is in the oven, slice grape tomatoes and parsley.
- When brussels sprouts have started to brown remove mixture from the oven and transfer to a bowl- toss with tomatoes and parsley and serve immediately.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.