If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a vegetarian version of chicken fingers. They're fun and easy to eat at parties, picnics, and barbecues. Their flavor and crunch will satisfy even meat lovers. - MizChef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (8-oz.) packages tempeh, any style
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a flat plate or piece of wax paper, combine breadcrumbs and seeds. Mix well. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with ½ tsp salt.
- Cut the tempeh into 10 sticks (from one short end to the other). Dip the sticks into the eggs then into the bread crumbs, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place the strips on a baking sheet and bake until they start to brown, about 15 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned underneath.
- *To toast sesame seeds, heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the seeds and let the toast for a minute or two, shaking or stirring them frequently, until they turn light brown.
- For the dip: Whisk together all the ingredients until well combined. For a hot, spicy dip, mix in a little hot Chinese mustard or wasabi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy