If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dressing is robust and piquant, deeply flavored , with soy sauce, curry powder, mustard powder and white wine being key ingredients . It goes particularly well on a spinach salad.Mom found a similar recipe some 40 years ago and we played around with it and came up with this. I am always looking for unusual salad dressings but I very rarely find them, so this is particularly special for us.
***"Mild dry mustard' is a generic American spice that you would find in any grocery store. (Unknowingly, I once used dry mustard powder I had bought in an Indian market>>!!!! Wow!!!, who knew? Major horseradish/ wasabi/powerful!!) —LE BEC FIN
Makes 5 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup chinese soy sauce(Japanese is too light for this)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons madras curry powder (Sun brand is excellent)
- 1 Tablespoon+ 1 teaspoon mild dry mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon+ 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups canola oil
- Combine soy sauce through pepper in a food processor. Buzz to blend well. With the motor running, add oil in a thin stream. Taste and adjust as needed to balance the salty, sweet , tangy and spicy elements . Refrigerate in sealed container.Best if flavors are allowed to marry for a day . Dressing will settle, so shake well before using.When tossing with spinach, use about 1-2 Tablespoons per person, starting with less, tasting, and adding more as needed.
- With this curry dressing, our favorite additions to the spinach include tomatoes, jerusalem artichokes, sliced fennel, sunflower seeds, cukes,cooked beets.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.