If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In college I created this marinade and lived on broiled chicken breast marinated with it- for an entire year! Since then, I have come to prefer its hearty herbiness on lamb. - LE BEC FIN
Makes 5-6 pounds
Lamb and Marinade
- 5-6 pounds boneless lamb top(leg) that has had as much fat removed as possible
- 4 cloves of peeled garlic,slivered
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons coarse freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- Cut narrow slits all over the top and sides of the lamb. Insert garlic slivers. Mix all remaining ingredients together and rub on meat.Truss with kitchen string and let sit, covered, in frig overnight.
- Remove lamb from frig 2-3 hours before roasting. Roast at 350 degrees until 130 degree internal temperature for rare. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes. Remove string and carve. Serve with juices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy