Author Notes: I made these meatballs for dinner recently. They are fantastic! Full of flavour and the hemp hearts add a definite nutrition boost! When you first mix the ingredients, you might think it looks a bit wet. Don't worry the hemp hearts will suck up the excess moisture. - Ceecee Lee
Makes 24 meatballs
- 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons honey garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red miso paste
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Make 1-1/2 inch meatballs.
- Add 1 - 2 tbsp oil and heat saute pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, saute and brown meatballs for about 15 minutes (internal temperature of 160 degrees F must be reached to avoid food bourne illnesses!!). Place batches in oven to keep warm.
- Thread meatballs on 5 inch skewers with pineapple and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy