If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these meatballs for dinner recently. They are fantastic! Full of flavour and the hemp hearts add a definite nutrition boost! When you first mix the ingredients, you might think it looks a bit wet. Don't worry the hemp hearts will suck up the excess moisture. —Ceecee Lee
Makes 24 meatballs
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons honey garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red miso paste
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Make 1-1/2 inch meatballs.
- Add 1 - 2 tbsp oil and heat saute pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, saute and brown meatballs for about 15 minutes (internal temperature of 160 degrees F must be reached to avoid food bourne illnesses!!). Place batches in oven to keep warm.
- Thread meatballs on 5 inch skewers with pineapple and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.