If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a versatile soy based sauce that my family uses for steamed and fried dumplings. Homemade dumplings were a Sunday tradition in my family growing up. I was the sauce guy, and over many years tweaking the recipe, I bring to you the basic formula. Our family prefers a "chunkier" sauce, more like a salsa. And in order to get the flavors right, you MUST let it stay put for many hours. The flavors marry and mature quite dramatically. Enjoy! - chairmanhu
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours before using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls