If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on long beans and pork but rather just stir fry the pork I make tiny seasoned meatballs. Served over rice or thin wheat noodles, it's a complete meal. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
For the meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic grated on a micro plane
- 2 inch knob of ginger grated on a micro plane
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely diced water chestnuts from an 8 ounce can (reserve the rest of the can for the second part of the recip)
- Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients and cover and chill for about an hour.
- Form small 1 inch meatballs with the chilled mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a pre heated 350F oven for 15 minutes.
Putting it all together
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 inch knob of ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans cut in 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- The remaining sliced water chestnuts from the 8 ounce can
- The cooked meatballs
- Slurry of a tablespoon or two of corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir a minute and then add the green beans. Stir fry the beans for two to three minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken broth. Bring up to a boil and simmer for three more minutes. Add the meat balls and water chestnuts. Bring back up to the boil and stir in the corn starch slurry to thicken. Serve over rice or thin wheat noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.