Author Notes: I made up this recipe to give my vegetarian friends something to look forward to at a cookout! - amandahakansonstacy
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 inch ginger root grated
Asian Slaw/ Burger toppings
- 1/2 red cabbage julienned
- 2 carrots grated julienned
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 bunch of pea shoots
- 3 red radishes
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 delicious, freshly baked buns
- Mix all the ingredients for the portabella marinade together and let mushroom caps soak in mixture for at least an hour.
- While mushrooms are marinating. Make the Asian slaw. Begin by julienning the purple cabbage and carrots. I like to use my mandoline for this step.
- Next chop the scallions and jalapenos and put them in a bowl with the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, and brown rice vinegar with the slaw ingredients above and put aside.
- Prepare your burger toppings by thinly slicing the red radishes. Set them aside with the pea shoots.
- Next prepare the Sriracha mayo by adding the Sriracha, mayo, and salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- When the portabellas are sufficiently marinated throw them on the grill until they are warm and charred to your liking.
- Throw them on a bun topped with the Asian slaw, pea shoots, and Srirachca mayo. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy