If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low sugar ice cream with an intriguing flavor.
A simple but intriguing variation of this same principle is just four ingredients: strawberries, buttermilk, heavy cream and miracle berries - SuAh
Makes 3 pints
- 10 pieces Miracle berry (Synsepalum dulcificum)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (or seeds extracted from half vanilla bean)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cardamom OR cinnamon (optional)
- 4 pieces Birds Eye Chilis (or other fresh chilis) (optional)
- Purée miracle berries and chilis in a few tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Add heavy cream and remainder of buttermilk and blend to make the base.
- Strain the mixture to remove fruit solids.
- Add vanilla and/or spices to strained mixture and mix again.
- Follow ice cream maker instructions to prepare an ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.