If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by my diabetic husbands desire for a sweet treat, I took the flavors of carrot cake to the ice cream machine. - Mrs Campbell
Carrot Cake Base
- 1 heaping cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 7 packets Splenda
- 1 large or X-large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 generous teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 ounces (1/2 a package) Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 packets Splenda
- few drops Vanilla
- To make the Carrot Cake Base: Reserve a few tablespoons of shredded carrot and half as much of the toasted walnuts. Saute the rest of the shredded carrot with 5 packets of Splenda in the butter until you smell the carrots and they brighten in color. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the remaining walnuts, vanilla, and molasses one at a time, letting the mixture come back to a simmer after each one. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Temper the hot liquid into the egg until it is all combined. Season with cinnamon and ginger. Puree the mixture with a stick blender to make it as smooth as possible, adding extra Splenda to taste if needed. (It should a little sweeter that you want the finished product to be.) Let this mixture cool to room temperature before putting it in your favorite ice cream maker. When the ice cream is almost done churning, add the reserved shredded carrot and chopped walnuts.
- Frosting base: In a small saucepan, melt the cream cheese with heavy cream and sweeten with a few drops of vanilla and splenda (start with 5 packets, then add more to taste if needed.) Let cool to room temperature, or lower in the fridge. You can either add this to the almost finished carrot cake soft serve (shortly after adding the shredded carrot and chopped walnuts,) or make it as a separate ice cram and mix the two by hand before transferring them to the freezer.
- When it is done churning either enjoy the soft serve, or transfer it to the freezer fora firmer ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.