If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My spin on the classic raspberry lime rickey drink. It starts with Jeni's base (except that I go a little higher butterfat: 2 cups of cream, 1.25 cups of 1% milk), adding a lime syrup and a raspberry swirl.
I've often said that I would drink turpentine if you put enough lime juice into it. Don't -- have this instead.. - bgporter
Makes about 1 quart
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Combine the lime juice and 2tbs sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Chill completely.
- Combine the raspberries with the 2/3 cup sugar and cook until much of the liquid has evaporated and the berries have cooked down and softened. You want to continue until the mixture has a very jammy consistency.
- Force the raspberry swirl through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and chill completely.
- Make the ice cream base as directed and chill completely.
- When you're ready to spin the ice cream, add the base into the machine first, then add the lime syrup in as it spins. The texture will get weird for a minute, then it should even out.
- When the ice cream is done spinning, put it into a freezer container, adding spoons of the raspberry swirl and swirling it about as you go. Freeze overnight and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.