If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cookies and Cream has always been my favorite ice cream and like all things, i tend to push the envelope with my ice cream flavors. So, as it were, the first recipe i made after i got my ice cream maker was Cookies and Cream made with a primitive Nutella base. I've sense perfected my recipe and it gets nothing short of rave reviews, with even my Mother-in-Law calling it "dangerous." - Ralkkai
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 5 large egg yolks
- 15 oreos, chopped up
- Put egg yolks in large bowl and whisk until smooth, set aside.
- Measure out Nutella and put into separate large bowl and set aside.
- Pour Half and Half and sugar into large skillet, on medium heat. whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and temperature reaches 160°, or until you see steam.
- Slowly pour Half and Half sugar mixture into egg yolks, whisking the whole time until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into skillet and return to medium heat. Whisk constantly until temperature reaches 160°, or until you see steam.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into Nutella. Whisk until smooth and consistent. Pour in Heavy Cream and whisk again until consistent. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Put Oreo cookies into 1 gallon Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to coarsely "chop" cookies. Set aside. .
- After 2 hours pour ice cream base int machine and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.2 minutes from done, pour in Oreo pieces and continue churning. When done pour ice cream into freezer-safe bowl and freeze the rest of the way overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream