If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an amazing (and gorgeous) beet salad, whose earthy flavor is highlighted by the acidity of the sherry vinegar. And we all know that beet+nut+cheese is a win-win situation.
The other good thing about these salads is they are good warmish, coldish, or at room temperature. So enjoy, whenever. Make it ahead. Go on a picnic. You get the idea. —martibk
- 2 large yellow beets
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, diced
- Combine shallots and vinegar and set aside for about fifteen minutes.
- Boil beets in water until tender.
- Whisk olive oil, shallots and vinegar in small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, whisk until combined.
- Let beets cool a while in the cooking liquid. Slip off skins and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Toss with rice, nuts, cheese and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.