If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dairy free, vegan ice cream, made with sweet, sticky roasted peaches, is sure to astound you with its simplicity. No fancy ice cream maker needed here: a food processor is all you'll need to whip it up! —Gena Hamshaw
- 4 Frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unrefined sugar (such as turbinado sugar, cane sugar, or demerara sugar)
- 2 Large yellow peaches
- 2 tablespoons almond, coconut, or soy milk (optional, as needed)
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut peaches in half and pit them. Turn them into a bowl and toss with the coconut oil and sugar. Lay the halves (cut side up) on a foil lined baking sheet or dish. Roast for approximately thirty five minutes, or until skin is browning and peaches are very tender. Allow peaches to cool to room temperature, then chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Place bananas in a food processor. Turn motor on. Wait. Seriously, wait. At first, the pieces will fly around and it’ll seem as though nothing is going to happen. If you allow the motor to run, the frozen bananas will take on a creamy, frozen custard consistency. If you need to expedite the process, add a tablespoon or two of non-dairy milk, but be careful: adding too much will give you frozen banana soup!
- As soon as the bananas have turned into ice cream, add the salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and roasted peaches. Now is also time to add the cashew or almond butter, which is optional, but will add richness to the ice cream. Pulse to combine, and serve immediately. Ice cream can be stored in the freezer in a freezer safe container. To serve again, simply allow it to melt enough to turn it out into the processor again, and re-process. If you don’t do this, the ice cream will be very icy, so this step is important for your leftovers!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.