If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ice cream doesn't need any ice cream machine. It made with fresh cheery, rich, dense and filled with flavor. It wowed my friends so much that I had to make it again and again. I think what made this ice cream tasty is the softened cherry. I started with just lemon zest and honey and then, I thought of adding some more flavor. Added some red wine vinegar, some marsala wine, fennel powder and it gave a perfect balance of sweet and tart. - Kankana
Makes 5 cups
- 2 cups fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fennel powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups crème cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Start by making the soften cherry Add the first five ingredients in a deep saucepan and give a mix.
- Bring it to boil and then, simmer for about 20 minutes or until the cherries are softened.
- Check for sweetness and add it more honey if required.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the crème cheese with condensed milk and whipped cream.
- Cover it and let it freeze for couple of hours or until it's almost hard.
- Then, take it out and whip it again.
- Add the softened cherry along with chopped walnuts and using a wooden spoon, give it a rough mix.
- Cover it and let it freeze for 8 hours before you serve it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart