If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great way to use up extra fresh basil leaves after you've made all the pesto and caprese salads that you can stomach. It's perfect for a light summer dessert, especially when you're dining al fresco! - carbonarasuz
Makes 3 cups
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 lemons, rind peeled into long strips
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar and lemon rind. Bring to a boil over high, stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add basil leaves. Set aside until cool, about 30 minutes. Strain lemon-basil syrup; discard solids. Stir in lemon juice. Pour syrup into an ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.