If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a girl, my dad would buy us whole coconuts frequently. We would all clamor down to the basement and watch him hammer it open as we discussed the size of our coconut pieces. As a big nut lover, my dad would always mix nuts in whenever possible. The chilled coconut meat and almond flavor of these times inspired the creation of this pure and essential recipe. These two flavors work together to bring out the fresh coconut flavor. —AveryM
- 2 cups Unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup thin sliced almonds
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- Comine coconut milk, sugar, and almond extract.
- Stir mixture until the sugar is mostly absorbed into the milk mixture.
- Then add in the corn syrup and heavy whipping cream.
- Mix all ingredients well. A blender also works very well for this.
- Place mixture in an ice-cream maker until solid. Serve after the ic cream has been in the freezer for 4 hours. Then top with sliced almonds and coconut meat and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.