If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Season and dress this with a light because you want all the flavors to shine. The portions are small for a simple reason, a little roe goes a long way. —thirschfeld
- 1/3 cup good quality salmon roe
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into very small dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red onion, very very small dice
- 1 tablespoon good quality full fat sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon scallion rings, this is not a garnish
- Combine sour cream, milk, zest and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper in a small bowl and mix until it is all incorporated.
- Add the roe, cucumber and red onion. Stir to combine. Let the salad sit for 15 minutes taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide it between 4 small bowls, add a few sliced scallions and a grind of fresh ground black pepper. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.