If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe in a great book which has a collection of recipes from all over the world- Live Challenge 99! It is the perfect match for Jamaican Rice 'n' Peas. I amended it based on the ingredients I had at home and it still turned out great! - Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 large orange paprika, deseeded and chopped roughly
- 1/2 red chile pepper, chopped (to taste)
- 1/2 green chile pepper (to taste)
- 150ml stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Pulp from 1 ripe mango or from a small tin (100g)
- 1 teapoon mixed herbs
- 1 Squeeze of lemon juice
- Fry the onions, tomatoes and chile peppers (to taste) in the oil on medium heat till soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add the stock and cook for another 5 minutes
- Then add the mango pulp and cook for another 5 minutes
- Finish off by adding the mixed herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice. Let heat through. Serve with Jamaican rice n Peas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.