If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 bags, Darjeeling tea
- 3 1-inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 green cardamom pods, crushed to reveal seeds
- 10 cloves
- 1 star anise
- In a bowl, stir together 1/4 cup milk and the cornstarch; set slurry aside.
- In a 4-qt. saucepan, whisk together remaining milk and the cream, sugar, syrup; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry. Return to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place cream cheese and salt in a bowl and pour in 1/4 cup hot milk mixture; whisk until smooth. Then, whisk in remaining milk mixture.
- Add tea, green cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise to milk mixture and steep for 30 minutes. Strain tea and spices removing as much liquid as possible.
- Allow mixture to chill before processing in an ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to a storage container and freeze until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.