If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A guilt-free non-dairy delight! I took thekichn's One-Ingredient Ice Cream and added Amaretto di Saronno, raisins, graham cracker crumb and almonds to create this vegan dessert. —ohyoucook
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into 3-4 chunks each
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup Amaretto di Saronno
- 1/2 Honey graham cracker board
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 waffle cups (optional)
- whipped topping, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnish
- At least 3 hours (up to several days) before serving, place a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap on a freezer-safe plate. The wax paper allows easy removal of the frozen pieces without using a chisel. Arrange banana chunks in a single layer on top of the wax paper. Place in freezer until ready to continue with recipe.
- Just before starting dinner (or sometime in the afternoon), combine raisins and Amaretto in a small bowl. Place in the fridge to let raisins absorb the Amaretto and plump up.
- Combine graham cracker crumbles, sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl. Stir a couple teaspoons of the liquid from the raisin mixture into the graham cracker mixture.
- Plop frozen bananas in a food processor. Process until the bananas break up and becomes creamy-like, stopping a few time to break up large clumps that might form (a minute or two). Add raisin mixture; pulse a few times to combine.
- Scoop out ice cream and place in 2 dessert bowls or waffle cups. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over both servings. Garnish with whipped topping and slices almonds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.