Author Notes: A guilt-free non-dairy delight! I took thekichn's One-Ingredient Ice Cream and added Amaretto di Saronno, raisins, graham cracker crumb and almonds to create this vegan dessert. - ohyoucook
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into 3-4 chunks each
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup Amaretto di Saronno
- 1/2 Honey graham cracker board
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 waffle cups (optional)
- whipped topping, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, for garnish
- At least 3 hours (up to several days) before serving, place a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap on a freezer-safe plate. The wax paper allows easy removal of the frozen pieces without using a chisel. Arrange banana chunks in a single layer on top of the wax paper. Place in freezer until ready to continue with recipe.
- Just before starting dinner (or sometime in the afternoon), combine raisins and Amaretto in a small bowl. Place in the fridge to let raisins absorb the Amaretto and plump up.
- Combine graham cracker crumbles, sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl. Stir a couple teaspoons of the liquid from the raisin mixture into the graham cracker mixture.
- Plop frozen bananas in a food processor. Process until the bananas break up and becomes creamy-like, stopping a few time to break up large clumps that might form (a minute or two). Add raisin mixture; pulse a few times to combine.
- Scoop out ice cream and place in 2 dessert bowls or waffle cups. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over both servings. Garnish with whipped topping and slices almonds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream