If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't have a sweet tooth...I don't make dessert very often, but when I do, it normally includes some form of ice cream. This "Philly" style ice cream is sooo easy to make...just pour your super chilled ingredients into an ice cream maker and let it whirl. No eggs to curdle, no custard to strain...just wonderful cream, fruit and honey! —inpatskitchen
Makes about one quart
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 20 to 24 fresh figs ( I used Black Mission)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Whisk the heavy cream, coconut milk and 1/2 cup honey in a medium mixing bowl for about 2 minutes to fully incorporated that honey. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Scoop the pulp out of the figs (you'll want just over a cup of the pulp) , add the zest, lime juice and the 2 tablespoons of honey and mash in a small bowl. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Chill the coconut flakes in the fridge for about 2 hours also.
- After everything is chilled place all into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers directions, usually about 30 minutes. Place in a freezer container and freeze to harden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.