If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I dont' know about you, but I like my Tanqueray with pineapple juice not orange. Personal preference. Sweet cream, juicy pineapple and the stinging bite of gin.Sounds like a begining of a very fun(long) evening. This recipe is made with Jeni's Splendid base with two swap outs. I subbed tapioca flour for cornstarch and glucose for corn syrup because that's how I roll. - courtney.yodershanower
Makes 1 quart
- 2 cups Whole Hartzler's milk (green cap)
- 1 plus one teaspoon tablespoon Tapioca Flour
- 1.5 ounces Philly cream cheese
- 1\8 teaspoon Diamond Crystal salt
- 2\3 cups sugar
- 4 ounces sugar
- 200 milliliters Tanqueray gin
- PREP-Mix 2 tablespoons of milk to tapioca flour to make a slurry. Mix cream cheese and salt together in medium largish bowl.
- COOK-mix the rest of milk,cream,sugar and glucose over med-high heat.Bring to a rolling boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in tapioca slurry. Return mixture to a boil over medium high heat and cook till slightly thicker.About a minute.
- CHILL- Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into cream cheese until smooth.Pour mix into 1 gallon zipper plastic bag. Chill mixture overnight and all flavors to become chummy.
- MIX- Pour mix into canister and spin until thick and creamy. Add 100 ml gin at halfway point. Due to the high alcoholic nature\content the ice cream seems to take longer to freeze (30+) minutes and stays relativley soft.
- MAKE "JUICE"-Mix pineapple and sugar together in medium heavy bottomed saucepan.Bring to boil. Mash that p-apple. Cook for 8 minutes at a hard simmer. Remove from heat. Add gin. Puree. At this point you can either strain or not. I choose to strain.
- LAYER- gin ice cream and "juice" in alternate layers in freezable container. Try to wait at least 4 hours before eating.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream