If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cherry and Amaretto flavor with lots of yummy chunkiness from spiced walnuts, chocolate-coverered Serrano Pepper Caramel chunks, and Amaretto-soaked cherries. - HeartBellyAndSoul
Makes 6 1/2 cup servings
Drunk Cherry Ice Cream
- 1 cup Cherries (fresh, pitted)
- 1 milliliter Amaretto liqueur (or about 2 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (2%)
- 1 1/4 cups Half & Half
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese (room temp)
- 2 pinches salt
Hot Mess Mix-Ins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 Caramels (wrapped candies)
- 4 Serrano Peppers
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pit the cherries, and place in small bowl. Pour Amaretto and let soak for several hours to overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the Milk, Half & Half (reserve about 1/4 cup and mix in the 2 TBLS cornstarch until dissolved, then add to the pan), Sugar, and Brown Sugar. Over Low-medium heat, bring to just below boiling (about 180 degrees) or until the mixture around the sides of the pan starts looking foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes. Add in the 1 tsp. Vanilla and 2 pinches of salt. Whisk in the goat cheese until blended completely. Place in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours to overnight.
- Nuts: Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. In a small bowl, stir in nuts, butter, sugars, Cayenne and pinch salt. Spread the nuts out in a small baking pan, and toast at 350 for about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Caramel Chunks: Cut the Serrano peppers in half and with a spoon remove the seeds and veins. Chop into small pieces. In a saucepan, add the caramels and serrano peppers, and heat over medium heat until caramels are melted. Stir often to prevent burning. Spread the caramel mixture onto parchment paper and place in freezer for a few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each 30 seconds for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel mixture, and return to freezer to harden. Peel the hardened caramel mixture off the paper, flip over and cover the other side with drizzled chocolate. Return to freezer. Remove just before the ice cream goes into the freezer and chop into pieces.
- Once the milk mixture has thoroughly chilled, pour into the ice cream maker, following the manufacturer's instructions. Once the mixture begins to thicken, slowly add in the cherries, including the Amaretto, the nuts, and the chocolate/caramel chunks. Freeze to a soft-serve consistency, then remove to a container and place in the freezer for about 2 hours. Before serving, let it sit out for a few minutes to soften.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.