If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This coffee ice cream upgrades classic recipes in two ways. First, start with a velvety smooth coffee base to build upon. We turned to Food 52’s magical coffee recipe, which requires soaking cinnamon, dark brown sugar and coffee grinds together overnight. Second, throw a palm full of coffee grinds into your ice cream while mixing. You’d think adding grinds would create a sandy texture. Not the case. The coffee bits add just the right amount of pizzazz to contrast with the ice cream’s rich flavor. But be warned: you’ll be buzzing after a bowlful! —Cheazza
Makes 1 pint
Magical Coffee Base
- 2/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup magical coffee base
- 1 handful soaked ground coffee from the magical coffee base
- Put Magical Coffee Base ingredients in a jar and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, strain the coffee, reserve some ground coffee.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream and sugar until the sugar has dissolved completely and the mixture is frothy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, coffee, and ground coffee.
- Whisk until blended.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the ice cream in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.