Author Notes: Peach season here in the Pacific Northwest happily coincides with our all-too-brief grilling season. I love grilled peaches and I love frozen treats, and what do you know? combining the two makes for a great summer treat. Grilling the peaches before mixing them into a sorbet deepens the peach flavor and gives just a hint of an extra savory layer to the flavor. It's a great way to maximize flavor from a minimum of ingredients. - vrunka
- 6 peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 cans coconut milk (not light)
- 1/2 cup honey (or sugar, but I like the floral flavor in honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the grill to medium high. Grill the peaches on both sides until they are nicely browned, but not singed black. That should take about 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop off the solids on top. Reserve the liquid for another use. You should have approximately 2 cups of coconut cream. If you don't have quite enough, you can add a bit of the coconut water at the bottom of the can, too.
- Add the coconut cream along with the peaches, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar to a blender and mix on high until very smooth.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then add it to your ice cream maker. Follow your ice cream maker's directions and enjoy your smooth, rich sorbet!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream