Author Notes: I usually make a Greek yoghurt version of this for a quick weeknight dessertbut when nothing but real deal will do this is my go to summer ice cream recipe. The rosewater can be left out but it's just a hint and adds a dimension most guests can't quite put their finger on. And the possibilities are endless - I substitute the vanilla extract for lemon juice and make a blueberry ripple or a mint infusion with a chocolate ripple and the list goes on... - foodfanatic
- 4 Large organic eggs
- 2 Large organic egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Best quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 10 wafer cones, to serve
- 31/2 ounces Bittersweet schocolate, melted, to serve
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- For the SemifreddoI , combine the eggs, yolks , vanilla and sugar in a heat-proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Beat with a hand-held mixer until pale and thick, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue to beat until cool, a further 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream in a separate bowl until stiff and fold into the egg mixture and add the rosewater. Pour into a container.
- For the ripple, blend half of the raspberries in a food processor until smooth.Spoon the blended raspberries and whole raspberries over the SemifreddoI, using a fork to create a ripple effect. Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, lower the top of each cone into the melted chocolate to coat the rims. Top each come with a scoop of the SemifreddoI and hound out.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream