If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've joked with people lately about needing to hit a CA meeting - Canners Annonymous. Here's another one for you, born out of inheriting a Cinderella pumpkin from Brad the Gardener. (If Cinderella squash is unavailable, don't fret: any winter pumpkin will do.) - Cannelloni&Cayenne
Makes 3 pints
- 12 cups Cinderella pumpkin puree, from 2 medium or 1 large pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (coconut palm for me)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- To roast your pumpkin: Preheat oven to 400. Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and inner flesh. Cut into wedges and roast cut-side down for 40-50 minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out flesh and puree.
- Turn your slow cooker on to its "low - 8 hr setting". Add pumpkin puree and the remaining ingredients; stir to combine. Place lid askew to let steam out, and stir mixture occasionally over the next 8 hours. When mixture has thickened and reduced by 1/3, remove cinnamon sticks and run immersion blender to achieve smoother texture.
- If preserving, process in a canning water bath 10 minutes. Pumpkin butter MUST NOT be stored at room temperature – even if it has been processed and vacuum sealed, store in the fridge. Will keep up to 6 months.
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
Style with a breeze.