If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to make a pasta recipe with shrimp, tomatoes,
feta, and oregano. Here's my updated salad version. Using cooked
shrimp really makes this quick, as would leftover take-out rice
in place of the quinoa. (Not sure where the original pasta
dish came from...don't think it was original.) —Alyce Morgan
- 4 cups fresh salad greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or rice)
- kosher salt, fresh ground pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta, cubed
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Each: red and green bell peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon (use juice of half and rest sliced for garnish)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped (optional)
- Line the edges of a large platter with salad greens and mound the quinoa at center. Sprinkle the quinoa with a bit of salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Add the tomatoes in an even layer over quinoa and then layer feta and shrimp on top of the tomatoes. Top shrimp with minced peppers. Sprinkle entire salad with dried oregano and squeeze half of the lemon over all. Sprinkle salad with salt and pepper and garnish with olives, if using. Drizzle with other 2 tablespoons olive oil. Garnish with lemon slices and serve cold.
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.