If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tofu gets a double hit of flavor! This recipe is as good at room temperature as it is right off the grill. I typically serve it as a 3 piece appetizer but its also a great one bite pass around item. - MVegetarian
Tofu - Marinade
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (Asian chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cakes fresh tofu - firm
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over low heat. When hot, remove from heat and add ginger, coriander, turmeric and garlic powder. Mix together well.
- Mix together Sambal Oelek, brown sugar and salt. Add spice mixture and stir well. Mixture will be a thick paste.
- Press tofu using either a tofu press or a plate weighted down with a couple of cans of tomatoes for 30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch planks. Coat tofu planks with a smooth layer of the paste. Place in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours - or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour prior to grilling. Grill until nicely grill marked - about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot or at room temperature - do not refrigerate. Top each tofu plank with 1 tablespoon salsa.
Peanut Mango Salsa
- 2 cups fresh mango (small dice)
- 1 roasted red pepper (small dice)
- 1/2 cup green onion - white & green parts (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh Thai basil - chopped (or regular basil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint - chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts - pulsed in a food processor
- Mix all salsa ingredients together except peanuts. Refrigerate until needed.
- Mix in chopped peanuts right before serving.