Author Notes: I discovered this when I was in the middle of making too many Asian lettuce wraps for a party in the Georgia summer heat. I was tired, thirsty and needed a pick-me-up so I threw the ingredients on-hand with some water and ice in the blender! :) Later I changed water to green tea and added rum to make it a cocktail but it's fine booze-free, too. Sweet ripe honeydew melon is a tasty optional add-in. - ChineseSouthernBelleNatalie
Makes 2-4 depending on glass size
- 2 cups green tea
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 sprigs fresh Thai sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 splash rum
- handfuls ice cubes
- Mix well in blender. Should be like frozen daiquiri consistency, add more/less ice, honey to taste.
- Garnish with lime or fruit twist. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce