If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered this when I was in the middle of making too many Asian lettuce wraps for a party in the Georgia summer heat. I was tired, thirsty and needed a pick-me-up so I threw the ingredients on-hand with some water and ice in the blender! :) Later I changed water to green tea and added rum to make it a cocktail but it's fine booze-free, too. Sweet ripe honeydew melon is a tasty optional add-in. —ChineseSouthernBelleNatalie
Makes 2-4 depending on glass size
- 2 cups green tea
- 1/2 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3-4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 sprigs fresh Thai sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 splash rum
- handfuls ice cubes
- Mix well in blender. Should be like frozen daiquiri consistency, add more/less ice, honey to taste.
- Garnish with lime or fruit twist. ENJOY!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.