Author Notes: When you get sick or don't have an appetite, try this. Healthy ingredients, especially ginger help you recover. Simply seasoned with bouillon, soy sauce and little bit of sugar. - Japanese Housewife
- 1 Medium Tomato, diced
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4-5 Large leaves of Green Lettuce, torn
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Bouillon cube, vegetable flavored
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and cook garlic and ginger until fragrant. Then add tomatoes. Sauté over medium heat for about 1 minute. Pour water and add bouillon cube and granulated sugar. Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, add lettuce, cover and simmer for about 1 minute removing the scum periodically. Then add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the beaten eggs slowly while stirring the soup. When the egg gets fluffy, turn off the heat. Pour the soup into each serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce