If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you get sick or don't have an appetite, try this. Healthy ingredients, especially ginger help you recover. Simply seasoned with bouillon, soy sauce and little bit of sugar. —Hidemi
- 1 Medium Tomato, diced
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4-5 Large leaves of Green Lettuce, torn
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Bouillon cube, vegetable flavored
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and cook garlic and ginger until fragrant. Then add tomatoes. Sauté over medium heat for about 1 minute. Pour water and add bouillon cube and granulated sugar. Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, add lettuce, cover and simmer for about 1 minute removing the scum periodically. Then add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the beaten eggs slowly while stirring the soup. When the egg gets fluffy, turn off the heat. Pour the soup into each serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
The New Food52 Office
A space that makes you want to come to work
The new Food52 office.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Yes, be in a pickle.