If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Summer, I traveled with my extended family to France. We rented a lovely house outside of a small village. Having a large group, we took advantage of our kitchen and patio to cook dinner together most nights. Shopping for the food in the open air market was half the fun. This salad is one of my contributions. Grapefruit and avocado is one of my favorite pairings. On a bed of escarole, it is perfect for Summer. —Waverly
- 1 head escarole, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 ripe grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, fruit cut into membrane-free segments
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ASSEMBLE: In a large serving bowl, place the escarole, parsley, grapefruit segments, and avocado.
- WHISK: In a measuring cup, whisk the lemon juice, garlic and Dijon mustard until combined. Continue to whisk while you slowly add the olive oil. Whisk until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.
- TOSS, SEASON, and SERVE: Pour just enough vinaigrette over the salad to moisten the leaves, not drown them. Toss everything together adding more vinaigrette as needed. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).