If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is super simple, it's what it has on it that makes it spectacular! Think crisp romaine leaves dressed with a healthy fresh herb greek yogurt ranch dressing, spicy brown sugar candied bacon, and feta cheese! - misschels
Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon
- 8 pieces of thick, center-cut, pork bacon, uncooked
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing and Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, removed from sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 whole clove of garlic
- 1 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 large Romaine leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- On a piece of parchment paper, lay the bacon slices (fat side up) on top of one another in an angled position. Combine all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze evenly over the bacon. Use the back of a large spoon to spread the mixture out over each piece of bacon. Cover the bacon in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Place each strip of bacon on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the bacon until slightly brown and crispy. About 15-18 minutes. Watch carefully because it might burn! I placed the baking sheet on a rack in the middle of the oven to avoid this.
- Let the bacon cool on the pan for 3 minutes before using tongs to transfer to a cutting board. Once completely cool, chop the bacon into crumbles, using a large serrated knife. Set aside.
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process on high until smooth.
- You may need to add a bit more buttermilk or water, depending on how thick or thin you like the consistency of your dressing.
- Pour the dressing in two 6 oz. canning jars fitted with lids.
- Top each romaine leaf with about 2 T. of crumbled bacon, drizzle with dressing, and top with about 2 T. of crumbled feta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.