If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not just tasty but also elegant and beautiful and should nicely decorate a holiday table. The white wine keeps the nice color of the cider and the cranberries make it festive and give it a pinkish hue. - Cordelia
Food52 Review: A more refined version of mulled cider, this punch also calls for an off-dry white wine and fresh cranberries. The cider is quickly steeped in spices -- cloves, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg -- before you add the wine and cranberries, which give the punch a light rosy hue. Cordelia's concoction goes down easy, so sip slowly if you can restrain yourself! - A&M - The Editors
- 1/2 gallon apple cider (I have used unfiltered)
- 3/4 bottle of gewurztraminer (or other white wine which is not too dry, or you can use even semi sweet one like Muscat)
- 4-5 sticks of cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nut meg
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (depends on how sweet the wine you're using)
- cup or so of fresh cranberrries (of cubes of apple if not in cranberry season)
- Put the cider and all spices in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When on low heat add the wine. Do not boil again so the alcohol won't evaporate too much, just let it warm.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for a few more minutes until they color the liquid a bit.
- Your Best Holiday Punch Contest Winner!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.