If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to serve a salad over Thanksgiving that would match the holiday spirit and colors. While I originally looked and couldn't find baby arugula leaves in the market, I settled on mesclun which makes it even more visually appealing. The feta picks up on the white in the curly endive and the pomegranate seeds mimic the color of radicchio leaves, all strong flavors that pair well with the lighter orange dressing. —NakedBeet
- 1/2 pound parmesan, grated
- baking sheet
- 6 cup muffin tin (or 8-10 oven safe ramekins)
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grate the parmesan and form shavings into 2?-3? circles on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 4 minutes. Carefully take them off the sheet pan with a thin metal spatula, lifting all the edges first before pushing into the middle, as you might lift a crepe or an omelette. Working quickly and carefully while the cheese is still warm, place the parmesan circles over an inverted muffin tin, draping over each muffin cup. Gently mold the parmesan so it starts to take on a cup shape. Once cool, place all the cups into a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. The cups are very delicate, so place them where they will not be knocked around.
Orange Champagne Dressing
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt, pepper to taste
- 10 cups mesclun
- 3 ounces French feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Wash and cut any large mixed greens into smaller pieces. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad just before ready to serve. Once the greens are dressed, scoop them into the parmesan cups. Top off salads with crumbled cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Spick and Span
Our staff's best storage tips and tricks
Our staff's best storage tips.
This week's #happylist.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Storage made crystal clear.