If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Have you ever made yourself a lettuce sandwich.....lettuce and mayo or butter sandwiched between two pieces of bread? Sort of bland but supposedly great if you suffer from insomnia and eaten about a half hour before bed, or so they say. I like them but to add a little pizzazz I make them with a pimiento cheese mayo. —inpatskitchen
Makes almost as many sandwiches as you like
Pimiento cheese mayo
- 8 ounces medium cheddar very finely grated
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 ounces jar diced pimientos, liquid included
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate for at least two hours to let the flavors mingle.
For each sandwich
- 2 slices sandwich bread of your choice, toasted or not
- About 1 cup shredded sturdy lettuce such as romaine or iceberg
- A few spoonfuls of the Pimiento cheese mayo
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with as much of the pimiento cheese mayo as you like. Top one side with the lettuce and place the other slice, mayo slice down over the top.
- Slice in half for easy eating. Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
In a Pickle
Preserve to pack your pantry
Yes, be in a pickle.
You gotta ketchup.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
A 10-step guide to better cake.