If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are many variations of egg curry or also called anda curry found in India. Some recipes use coconut milk, tamarind, cream, etc, but whenever I have fresh tomatoes I like them to be the main base of this curry. And instead of cream, I use Greek yogurt because its lighter and healthier, plus I think it does the trick for making the sauce thicker and a bit richer. —Chitra Agrawal
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- pinches asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- cilantro for garnish
- salt to taste
- Hard boil 3 eggs, peel, cut in half and set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan under medium heat. Add in mustard seeds, asafetida/hing and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to pop, add in the onions and cook until they are translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and stir them around. Fry for 30 seconds (you should be able to smell the garlic).
- Add in the tomatoes and mix up well and mash them down a bit.
- Then add in the garam masala, coriander powder, chili powder and turmeric. When the mixture starts to bubble a little, turn the heat down so it is simmering. Simmer the mixture until the tomatoes break down and becomes a pulpy sauce ~ 6-7 minutes.
- Mix a tablespoon of Greek yogurt in very well and add salt to taste.
- At this point, you can drop the eggs in gently and spoon the gravy over them.
- Simmer with eggs for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.